Many of our clients wish to follow their dream and buy a beautiful house in Chiang Mai or any where in Thailand for that matter, for retirement or to live-in full or part time whilst they continue to work overseas.
We’re always happy to help but, if you are such a client, recommend that you take a few moments to contemplate some of the key issues involved with a house purchase in Thailand, such as:
1) if you are not a Thai National, how do you plan to own a house in Chiang Mai? Do you have a Thai spouse or, perhaps, an established Thai company which can own the property?
2) do you require on-shore finance for a house purchase as this is not usually available for non-Thais?
3) what is your expected timeframe to find a house and complete a purchase? Properties come and go and, in reality, there is not much point looking now if you only plan to purchase in, say, 3-6-9 months’ time
4) everyone has their preferred location but CM is relatively small and accessibility and transport is very good on the whole—take some time to work to work out what you really want from a location
5) what visa arrangements will you be making to live in CM?
Once you have given the above some thought, consultation with a lawyer will be needed to discuss your personal circumstances and advise the best way forward to ownership. Following this, at the appropriate time, we’ll happily arrange a meeting in our office to discuss your housing requirements and timing in more detail, before arranging to show you a selection of potentially suitable properties.
If you have any questions on the above, do let us know….
Perfect Homes is a leading Chiang Mai real estate agency with extensive experience in the city, regionally, nationally and internationally.