How to improve the possibility of selling or renting your property faster!
Preparing your Chiang Mai property for viewers, or “staging” as it’s called may not be a total answer for getting your property sold or rented, but it is important!
Get your property shipshape and complete any outstanding jobs, make sure the property is shown at its best before being photographed.
If your property is still on the market after a long time, the problem is probably down to the price. Perfect Homes (a Chiang Mai real estate company) says firstly, consider giving yourself a break, if the property is for sale perhaps take it off the market for a while or why not consider renting?
When you feel ready to take the plunge again go back on the market with new photos if possible but, crucially, a new price.
- Declutter: Get rid of all the excess stuff, people need to be able to envisage what the property would look like if they are living there.
- Fix and clean: Make any minor repairs, clean everything, get rid of odors, hang fresh towels.
- Refresh the kitchen: Declutter surfaces and leave ultra clean.
- Make it look attractive: Make sure curtains or blinds are clean and straight, beds made properly and nobody in them; toilets are clean and the lid down; westerners are not keen on seeing the toilet lid ‘up’!
- Bad smells: Bad smells are the single biggest turn off for prospective buyers. Conversely, good smells can make a property feel like an alluring home.
- Tidy up the garden: Cut back overgrown trees and shrubs and cut the grass. Make sure the carport is clean, neat and tidy.
Lastly, make your home easy to see: Nothing is more frustrating than an agent saying “a viewing doesn’t suit the vendor,’” Be flexible about timing even if it’s inconvenient. And get someone to take the dog out for a walk while the viewing is taking place.